No structure is safe from bacteria, viruses or mold. Opportunistic pathogens permeate our lives with increasingly unpredictable and gruesome outcomes. Societal evidence speaks for itself and CDC studies demonstrate that current market solutions have been lacking for decades. The microbes are winning.
Existing products alone cannot mitigate the threats posed by both existing and emerging opportunistic pathogens. The molecule, Klean, was specifically designed to provide a long-term solution addressing the complexities of microbial growth, mutation and transfer of these microorganisms. Current disinfectants may kill on contact when allowed to stay wet for the prescribed dwell time. But, in many situations, they dry or are wiped dry before the recommended dwell time. When dry, some bacterial interaction is greatly diminished leaving microbes unaffected. The result is a microbial transfer from an infected surface to our hands and to our eyes, ears, nose and mouth.
Our advanced solution is exactly the opposite. Klean acts as a surface barrier protectant that reaches its full strength AFTER it dries. It eliminates bacteria and protects treated porous and non-porous surfaces for a minimum of 90 days in high touch areas. Surfaces that have been covered up by drywall will continue to protect against mold spores for many years to come.
Klean® is an EPA registered, non-toxic, water-based product.
Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Coupon must be presented at time of payment. Not valid for trip charge or diagnostic fee. Valid on standard pricing only. Redeemable for one-time use per home. Coupon must be presented prior to starting job. Coupon must be mentioned at the time of booking job.
In order to properly disinfect your home, we recommend the complete fogging of your structure with the Klean Application. We will fog your walls, floors, HVAC System & Duct Work, and all furniture. After the home is completely disinfected this application continues to protect for a period of 3-6 months!
After application of the Klean Disinfectant Protectant, your home’s surfaces will be protected from germs, bacteria, mold, and viruses for a period of 3-6 months. But with the added installation of a Whole Home Air Purifier, the air in your home and within the air delivery system(HVAC) will also be sanitized and protected. Ensuring clean and healthy air, preventing the spread of additional viruses, bacteria, and germs.
The Klean molecule consists of layers of barbs. When bacteria or virus encounters this layer adhering to a surface, the barbs puncture the cell membrane and renders it harmless.
Minimize the Spread of Infection
Klean controls bacterial spreads and minimizes risk of infection; resulting in improved overall health and environmental health.
Enjoy Improved Air Quality
Klean organically decreases airborne pathogens by minimizing surface bacteria/spores that would otherwise be released into the air.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Klean protocol for treating bacteria, viruses and mold?
The Klean system calls for a layered protocol when treating bacteria, viruses and mold. The active ingredient forms a colorless, odorless, positively charged polymer that chemically bonds to the treated surface. You could think of it as a layer of electrically charged barbs. When a microorganism comes in contact with the treated surface, the quaternary amine barb punctures the microbial membrane and the electrical charge shocks the cell. Since nothing is transferred to the now dead cell, the antimicrobial doesn’t lose strength and the barb is ready for the next cell to contact it. Normal cleaning will easily remove the dead cells.
Does the barrier give off gases during or after application?
No. The coating does not volatilize, dissipate, or leach onto other surfaces or people. Its chemistry polymerizes (bonds) where it is applied and forms a semi-permanent bond that essentially lasts the life of the treated surface when not touched or rubbed with friction. Normal cleaning will not easily remove the Protectant barrier, although it can be eventually abraded away with friction. The EPA states that the molecule can be reapplied after 90 days, if necessary.
How long will the treatment last?
Since the cured antimicrobial is non-volatile, insoluble, and non-leaching, in theory the treatment should last for the life of the treated surface. This is true if the surface is never touched again, such as behind a wall. Add in cleaning protocols in a public area, we recommend quarterly treatments. Factors include the cleanliness of the surface before application and how often disinfectants are used post application.
Can the product be used on porous and non-porous surfaces?
Yes – the Protectant can be used on most surfaces, both porous and non-porous. This is a tremendous advantage over common disinfectants which by federal law are mostly approved for hard, non-porous surfaces.
How is the product applied?
The water-based product can be applied by pump up sprayer, back pack sprayer, or fogger. In some cases, Klean may be wiped on a surface.
What preparation should applicators use prior to applying the treatment?
Surfaces should be cleaned or scoured
Are there any safety concerns after application is complete?
No. The unique properties permit bonding to most surfaces to which it is applied. Furthermore, this product will not give off any gases, leach onto other surfaces, or lose its strength quickly. If the surface is kept clean with normal cleaning procedures, the surface will continue to fight microbial growth.
What types of microorganisms does it work against?
The EPA states that the molecule is effective against microbes such as mold, mildew, fungi, algae and bacteria causing stains and odors.
Is additional cleaning necessary?
Yes. The product provides continuous antimicrobial protection that protects the surfaces. However, normal cleaning practices should be maintained. Regular cleaning will ‘clean’ the barbs and prepare them for the arrival of additional microbes.
Does Klean begin working immediately?
It begins to work as soon as it dries on a surface and comes in contact with any microorganism.
Has anyone ever gotten sick from using the product?
Extensive testing and a long use history of environmental use have shown it to be safe. While it is impossible to say that no one will ever experience an allergic reaction, it is highly unlikely a negative experience would be observed.